Here is a more in depth overview of what I do.
Communications & Marketing Assistant, California State University San Marcos, September 2021-present
- Research, interview subjects and write bylined articles featured on university’s NewsCenter website, CSUSM homepage and institution’s alumni magazine, Steps.
- Responsible for curating and summarizing daily news articles and media mentions for distribution to campus leaders and communicators.
- Write news briefs for CSUSM’s NewsCenter website to highlight university events.
- Draft press releases to highlight university hirings and events.
- Manage all aspects of university’s @csusmnews Instagram, increasing its following by 33% since taking over account in June 2022.
- Manage Twitter content on @csusmBriana to highlight and promote university events, news and other stories, including live tweeting at major university events such as commencement and convocation.
- Write content for university’s digital video boards to promote campus constituents and news.
- Collaborate with University Communications team in weekly editorial meetings to plan and assign stories, coordinate email newsletter.
- Participate in biannual campus communicators meeting with more than two dozen university partners.
- Led mock interviews in media training for Associated Students, Inc., leaders in June 2022.
- Updated metadata for university photos in PhotoShelter to improve searchability for campus communicators.
Freelance writer, CG Sports Company, February 2022
- Wrote profile story on Paralympic gold-medalist swimmer McKenzie Coan.
Barista, Starbucks, May 2021-January 2022
- Provided exceptional service to 300-plus customers per shift.
- Prepared beverages while ensuring special requests and personal preferences were fulfilled.
- Maintained safe, clean and professional store atmosphere.
- Memorized recipes for more than 50 specialized beverages and seasonal offerings.
Depop, Self-Employed, 2021
- Curated personal portfolio of second-hand clothing styles and handmade jewelry using social media platforms, including TikTok and Instagram.
- Cultivated more than $600 in sales.
Bachelor’s degree in communication, California State University San Marcos, May 2023
Associate degree in communication studies, Palomar College, May 2021
- Proficient in Associated Press style.
- Proficient in American Sign Language and basic French.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, MyEmma, PressPage and PhotoShelter content management systems.
Honors and activities
- Dean’s List, fall 2021 and spring 2022
- Participated in two-day 2021 Professional Development Forum for CSU Communicators, which included communications professionals from across 23-campus California State University system.
- Participated in 2021 CSUSM Student Employee Development Conference.